Black screen on win10 install after reset

samsscreenrepair

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
I have a problem. I am resetting a PC because I kept getting NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM BSOD’s. It went through the reset mostly ok, then after it finished going through the windows install screen, it went to the time zone selection. After I input the time zone, it went to the “just a moment” Screen and then then to a black screen. The LCD is still on, just not displaying anything. Suggestions?

Solution
what are specs of the PC?

was it a full reset or keep files/settings? Is there anything on hdd you want to save? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ (I believe you can use a linux live USB for same purpose)

Also, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

see if running chkdsk can help as it might be bad blocks on hdd that caused the NTFS errors. Could be your drive is cause...

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt...

Colif

Win 11 Master
what are specs of the PC?

was it a full reset or keep files/settings? Is there anything on hdd you want to save? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ (I believe you can use a linux live USB for same purpose)

Also, on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

see if running chkdsk can help as it might be bad blocks on hdd that caused the NTFS errors. Could be your drive is cause...

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
now if you have a HDD, type CHKDSK C: /R and press enter
If you have a SSD, type CHKDSK C: /F and press enter

main difference is you shouldn't run /R on an ssd since it doesn't have physical sectors
See what chkdsk finds I guess.

Solution