PC switches ON from OFF (shutdown) state randomly !!

aliafifi130

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
This issue is really something that I never witnessed before as an IT engineer. It appeared since I had the system like maybe 1 year ago since I bought my system
[ i7 4790K, MB Asus Sabertooth Mark S z97, 16GB 4x4, 3xhdd 750 Raid 5, 2x 128G SSD, 256 PCIE SSD (which is OS now)]
My stupid computer TURNS-ON by itself from shutdown mode and the only way i found out is either I find it on or sometimes it goes to sleep mode because it has been on long enough and i didn't notice it and when I approach my pc and hit the keyboard it come on in 1 or 2 sec so definitely not booting from shutdown state-mode.
All what I can do is uploading the windows 10 even viewer log and I can tell you specifically Today on 30th December 2017, I was never using my PC till 00:56:51 and you can find log before that time which proves that my PC was on.
*** CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD MY EVENT LOG ***
I did notice that when I had Windows 7 like 1.5 years ago it wasn't making this problem .. something else to note as well when I ever do shutdown and hold the SHIFT button in windows 10 I'm nearly sure that it doesn't come back on.

Really sorry for the long topic but I'm really hopeless and wanted to say all methods I tried before to ask for help and waste your precious time.

Plumboby

Respectable
Apr 18, 2016
check that your psu is putting out the correct amps & volts, funny thing had a psu fail on a haswell had simular simptoms then 1 power down wouldn't fire up. Funnily lasted 18months & being Antec off all things. Long things short being i tried psu i had in mine & fired up happy as. Bug i found in windows was it is effectively the OS goes into limp mode if the psu is lacking the correct amps, fluctuations occur inter fairing with the sleep hibernation modes. Even had hardrives fail exhibiting this behaivour on 10 & 8.1

aliafifi130

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
I don't know how to do that .. but my PC NEVER EVER failed to come on .. always fine when i press the power button it fires up. my psu is CORSAIR RM650i ATX Fully Modular ... with USB connection to monitor the voltage etc. etc. but when I open the application of corsair it never showed error or faults or anything like that.

aliafifi130

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
sorry that I forgot to mention that my windows is literally no more than 5 days old and my bios is updated same day to latest version available from ASUS.
If you can check the events it might lead to clues as it kept saying updating time !! it doesn't need to switch on the PC to update the time .. weird really.
Thank you for the follow up

aliafifi130

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
hi everyone ... Happy New year to all of you guys and I wish this year will be a great step forward for everyone.
Back to my issue my PC has switched itself on today by 7am and I just realized this now after 12hrs of electricity waste !!
I'll keep uploading the event log here in case some expert want to have a look ... thank you all

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pso2KCCoBmShqE7kDuY4MpxBWPLuz4mW

Thank you all

Solution