Cannot sign in Microsoft account despite correct password. Locked out from my computer!!

hattoriheiji651

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
I have just reset my laptop and reinstall windows. As the process is done, it asks for my microsoft password, yet I can't get into it. Even after resetting my password, still cannot access. I have read all the thread regarding this issue, but I cant find the solution. PLEASE HELPP! i need to work with it

Solution
We don't help with password issues but in your case, I think you may be confusing a Microsoft password with the password you used in your old system to gain access.

When you reinstalled Windows, you had a partly hidden option to set up a local account which, if I'm guessing right, you had before. You fell into the MS trap of having the other kind of account which requires an e-mail address and password.

To get round this you have to reinstall again and be careful in the first stages of setting it up. Look for the words "SKIP THIS STEP" written in blue on a blue background. That's the trap. Then watch out for the option to have a local acount.

Use a new password - the system doesn't remember your old one in the way it...
We don't help with password issues but in your case, I think you may be confusing a Microsoft password with the password you used in your old system to gain access.

When you reinstalled Windows, you had a partly hidden option to set up a local account which, if I'm guessing right, you had before. You fell into the MS trap of having the other kind of account which requires an e-mail address and password.

To get round this you have to reinstall again and be careful in the first stages of setting it up. Look for the words "SKIP THIS STEP" written in blue on a blue background. That's the trap. Then watch out for the option to have a local acount.

Use a new password - the system doesn't remember your old one in the way it would expect the password that goes with the e-mail address.

Solution