why am i seeing green buttons everywhere i go?

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
why am i seeing green buttons everywhere i go? its kinda weird seeing it everywhere. is it a bug on this forum?
cfB0djtnRvGifRggmrSEFw.png

Solution
you asking about the "pick as solution" button?

if you happen to have created a thread then you would click that button for the post that best answers your question. that's what the button is for. however, the buttons do not go away once a question is marked as solved in case the OP decides to change his selection.

hence they are on every post in every thread on the forum. ......

despite being there on every post, you are not actually supposed to use the button unless you actually started the thread. does not matter if you agree with the selection of best answer or not, it is up to the OP to chose and only the Op.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
you asking about the "pick as solution" button?

if you happen to have created a thread then you would click that button for the post that best answers your question. that's what the button is for. however, the buttons do not go away once a question is marked as solved in case the OP decides to change his selection.

hence they are on every post in every thread on the forum. ......

despite being there on every post, you are not actually supposed to use the button unless you actually started the thread. does not matter if you agree with the selection of best answer or not, it is up to the OP to chose and only the Op.

Solution

bignastyid

Titan
The rules and guidelines for this(and most things here) can be found on the F.A.Q page.
These rules and guidelines are to ensure that nobody abuses either of these features. Please be sure to adhere to these guidelines.

When and where can I select a Best Answer?
If it is a thread that you created, feel free to select whatever answer helped you solve your problem, or the answer that is most appropriate. If it is not a thread that you created, unless the OP explicitly asks you to do so, please leave the selection to the OP or a staff member.

The exception to this is if you come across an old thread (2 months or longer since the last response) that has not had a Best Answer set. In this instance, it is acceptable to select a Best Answer if one is available.

When and where can I remove a Best Answer?
Just like above, if it's your thread, you can do it any time, especially if it was a mistaken selection! If it isn't your thread, you should never remove it unless the OP has requested it. If you feel there is an issue with a Best Answer selection (incorrect information/mistaken selection/abuse of the BA system), please make use of the "Report Abuse" button on the post to alert a moderator to the problem.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2668512/tom-forums.html

I want to reinforce the fact that if you did not start the thread, you DO NOT select the answer, UNLESS there have been no posts in the thread for at least two months and you happen to come across it with no best answer selected AND there IS a good answer in the thread. Also, you might find after selecting one that the thread originator (Known as the OP, or original poster) might get a notification and come back to the thread and select something else instead. That is their prerogative and should be left as they change it if they do so unless the selection is incredibly absurd in which case you can PM a mod to take a look.

The reason I re-emphasize this is because another moderator has already found one thread in which you selected a BA where you should not have. No big deal on this one occasion and it MIGHT have been before you were notified of how this all works, but be mindful of it going forward because we take it seriously and users who are found to be doing this despite knowing better tend to end up on the wrong end of a banhammer.