No Internet Connection

colbyhampton

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
Please help! This is my last resort. i have been working to resolve this for 2 days and i am on the verge of giving up. My new build refuses to connect to the internet (Wired.) Its not the cable, as i tried it on the laptop i am writing this on. i am at a loss, all help is appreciated!

Solution

You create a valid bootable USB, and booted from it?

You should eventually see a screen that looks like this:
2sbvneq.jpg

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
Make sure your mobo drivers are all up to date. Otherwise, the mobo won’t recognize it. If you can’t get the most up to date ones on the website, it should have came with a dvd or usb with the basic drivers in it

colbyhampton

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
It wont run the driver cd, as it says it will only run verified apps frpm the appstore.

g-unit1111

Titan

How can you download the drivers if you're not getting an internet connection? Let's think about this one here.

xxtheawesomerxx

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017

He clearly stated that he has access to another computer which he's currently using to communicate with us. It's quite simple to download drivers using a different PC than the one in which you need them for, to install at a later time. I also pointed out that he should put said drivers on a USB for transfer to the newer PC.

g-unit1111

Titan

Now yes, you could easily do that, but that's only if we're assuming that they are running on Windows. But if the device in question can only run apps from a verified app store, then the device would be running another operating system (ie Chrome, Mac OS, etc), can we assume that?

colbyhampton

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
My needed drivers are now on my USB thumb drive, but please excuse this.. i have no clue how to install the drivers lol. Assistance?

g-unit1111

Titan

Are you installing them through Windows? If so plug the drive into any USB port, open the drive, and launch the executable file, it should install automatically after that.

xxtheawesomerxx

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017

Why would I assume the OS he's running is different than Windows? He obviously posted this in a Windows 10 Sub Category, I'm sure as a moderator you can assume he's posting about windows 10. The OS in which he uses to download the drivers has nothing to do with obtaining them. I can obtain drivers for Linux from a Mac or Windows.

After you connect your USB drive to the PC navigate to it by going to Start > File Explorer, then on the left hand pane select this PC, and look for the USB drive in question. After that drag the files onto your desktop, right click the file (if it is a zipped file) and click extract all. Then in the folder that the files go into you should find some sort of setup file (.exe) which would be used to install the driver.

colbyhampton

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
Houston... we have a problem. it will not run the .exe because "this mode of windows only runs verified apps from the store"

xxtheawesomerxx

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017

This is a setting on your computer. Go to
Start > Settings > Apps/Features

Look for "Installing Apps" Sections, and make sure the drop down box says Allow apps from anywhere. Then proceed with the installation.

colbyhampton

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
i found an app installer, and the only thing i can do is reset or uninstall.

g-unit1111

Titan

OK yes this is true. But the verified app store thing has me puzzled because I run Windows 10 on all my machines and I've never run into this problem. I would check all the application settings before installation.

colbyhampton

Prominent
Dec 30, 2017
what could i do at this point? ive uninstalled and re installed windows and the problem is still there. has something to do with "this mode of windows"

xxtheawesomerxx

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017

Its seems as if you're running the S version of windows 10 which is a Store ONLY version which means in turn you can only install windows store apps (This version is normally used for store displays) You need to download and install a normal version of windows such as Windows 10 Standard edition or Pro Edition.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-s

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
What you can do is that on the working Pc, download the media creation tool from this website. Take an empty usb with 8+ gb (or dvd if not available) and install it here. Before installing it, make sure to move all personal files on the inoperable Pc elsewhere, because everything on the drive you select in the inoperable system will be completely removed. But one notice, when attempting to use the media creation tool on the inoperable Pc once installation is done, be sure to go into bios and set usb as first on the inoperable Pc.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

g-unit1111

Titan

Oh yeah that would make sense. I would definitely get the standard version of Windows when you can possibly do so.