Upgrading Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home

MillerTime1485

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
Just finished building my first PC and surprisingly everything went together better than expected. That is until I come across getting my operating system up and running.

I took an IOS file from my older computer in hopes that it would give me the foundations to at least get the computer going (which it did). I quickly realized that Windows 10 S had no way of allowing me to do things outside of their parameters and that just won't do. So I bite the bullet and decide to purchase a downloadable copy of Windows 10 Home and recieved my new product key in email. I then try to go through my computer settings and update the product key to activate Windows 10 Home. Microsoft doesn't recognize the key for some reason and tells me to try again later.

I do some trouble shooting on Microsofts homepage and it suggests that I use the Microsoft tool to upgrade my OS. Issue is it's not a recognize app for some reason and I can't run the program using Windows 10 S.

Now is there a way around this other than doing a complete reinstall of the OS? or is there another way for me to bypass this issue with Windows 10 S to use the tool? I've already attempted a reset of the system but it was using the quicker method of not deleting all the files and it just throws me back into Windows 10 S and doesn't ask for any product keys.

MillerTime1485

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

I bought it directly from Microsoft to make sure that wouldn't be a problem so yes it's legit. Windows 10 S always has these ads for upgrading to Windows Pro so I assumed the transition into Windows Home wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

USAFRet

Titan

It will probably require a full reinstall.