New Desktop wont go 144hz with my Asus VG278HE monitor. HELP

Shrimby

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
I got a new Asus ROG desktop, and there is no disc drive. I can't install the Monitors software because it comes on a disk. The monitor already has the Displayport (DVI to HDMI) plugged in. So I know that's not the issue. On device manager the monitor says "Generic PNP Monitor"

Also, when I go onto the Asus website and find my monitor and go to the driver support, it doesn't actually give you the software, just some program called "Asus Multiframe" which does nothing.

I looked everywhere on google to find the Drivers. I just want to play on 144hz again because im not used to 60hz. If anyone can find the drivers that would be great. This is only happening because there is no disc drive on my new desktop.

144 Hz requires a Dual-Link DVI connection. Standard adapters from HDMI or DisplayPort will only give you Single-Link DVI.

Shrimby

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016

I'm using the right Dual-Link DVI. I was using it on my last desktop and it worked with 144hz. This desktop is the ROG GR8 II. the outputs in the back are two HDMI

jessehamalainen91

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018

Update your Graphics card drivers that should do it.
I have Asus ROG Swift Pg278QR I updated the Nvidia game ready driver and
Set my windows to 144hz mode.
Right click your desktop and go to "monitor settings"
and scroll down the most down option called "Show adapter properties" then click "screen device" from there and choose 144hz.
Hope this helped :)

Btw : The disc driver is useless at least for me Lmao

jessehamalainen91

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018

But if the same cable worked 144hz (same monitor) with his old computer Why should it not work now?

jessehamalainen91

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018

But he said this same cable worked 144hz with his old computer (Same monitor)

And I'm sure the cable does work just fine on its own, but it has now been attached to an HDMI adapter, which limits it to 60 Hz because HDMI only has one video link, it can't produce Dual-Link DVI signals. You need an actual DVI port on the computer for that.

jessehamalainen91

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018

Oh ok :)