Show POST screen when no BIOS option to disable splash screen or quiet boot?

cpams322

Honorable
Dec 26, 2017
Is there a key or combination of keys you can press during POST (or any other way) to make the manufacturer splash screen disappear so you can see the POST screen?

I have come across a lot of systems where the BIOS doesn't have the option to disable splash screen or disable quiet boot so all you see is the splash screen. But I want to see the POST screen!!! It's more interesting and useful to me. I already know what brand the PC is :). Having the logo in my face doesn't help me :sarcastic:

I can't find any solutions or anyone else asking about this anywhere when I search Google.

BTW: I didn't know where I should post this so I placed it in the mobo section since the BIOS chip is on the mobo. Please move if necessary.

cpams322

Honorable
Dec 26, 2017
No, not in BIOS. Right now I'm using an Optiplex 760 with A16 BIOS but I have encountered this "problem" on other brands. The only option you have is to disable or enable Fast Boot and that has nothing to do with POST screens.

I really wish there were a way to see POST!

dell and hp bios are not the same as over the counter mb. they dont have the full settings of standard mb and they have your oem key flashed into the bios so that the dell or hp recovery only works on that mb.

cpams322

Honorable
Dec 26, 2017
Well, I was finally able to open a Dell Community forum account (Dell.com is a very glitchy and confusing site) and posted my question there, too.

Got an answer from a 12-year Dell employee who says that unless the BIOS on your Dell system allows to disable "Quiet Boot" or to disable "Splash Screen", there is no way to view a POST screen. I assume this is the same answer for any brand.

I asked if there is a POST log generated for viewing as a response. I will post here if the answer is "Yes" with instructions on how to view the log.

Thanks for your responses.