Running 32-bit MasterCook in Windows 10

ThunderBoyDavid

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2012
So... my mother-in-law... YES.. oh, and she's 75 years old... and pretty spry... has been using MasterCook v8 on her Windows 7 system for years. She got a new laptop with Windows 10 to replace her desktop and i gave her MasterCook v15 for Christmas (which is 64-bit).. NOW...
The recipe database is NOT compatible with the new version... so that means there's about 1000 recipes that have to be keyed in... Whew.... So.. i tried to install v7.... and of course... i got an error telling me that it could not be install in a 64-bit environment.
SO... my question is..... Could i install 32-bit Windows 7 in a VM?? and then install the old version of MasterCook in that VM??? OR.... Once the file system is set to a 64-bit system.. that's it!! What i'm trying to say is.... once the Drive partition or surface is set to 64-bit.... 32-bit doesn't work??

But i know that's not true... i have all kinds of 32-bit utilities from the past that i still use all the time. So.. what am i missing here.... Do i need to install it in a 32-bit environment.. and then copy the folder over to the 64-bit system and then select Run in Windows 7 Mode??? or whatever??

Thanks in advance for all the Help!!!, Later, David, ThunderBoyDavid
Sorry for getting so wordy... i have a hard time expressing myself.

Every Fear Hides A Wish