AOC monitor "streaking/ghosting", help!

josephlloyd

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
I recently purchased a new AOC M2470SW monitor ($129.00 AUD) and I've been experiencing very noticeable screen ghosting/streaking, where severe discolouration and darkening can be seen when things are just moving on the screen. It happens in all areas of use, from playing games to scrolling up/down on a word document or website, even the mouse cursor leaves a dark trail behind it. In brighter situations on screen and in-game the ghosting is easily tolerated, but in darker areas it can be extremely distracting and pretty unpleasant to look at... :(
(It's most noticeable when playing games.)
I've tried upping the contrast and brightness and multiple presets that the monitor has built in, messing with game settings like FXAA, anti-aliasing, TXAA and Vsync on/off hasn't given any improvement, even using the NVIDIA control panel to change the same settings hasn't done anything.
Really irritating that it just happens all the time, not just in game - video playback, Netflix and YouTube videos are heavily impacted by it. The monitor I had before this had no troubles and it worked fine, so the problem has come along with this new monitor.
The monitor is connected to my GT 1030 graphics card via HDMI.
Please help!
(I've seen a thread with a problem similar to this one however is never reached a conclusion or fix)

shazilatif004

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018

Sometimes, ghosting is usually an issue with the cable, not the hardware. Check to see if you have any ghosting with VGA or DVI because usually switching cables removes the ghosting completely. If not, it can also be any electromagnetic interferences around the cable due to it having poor shielding. Check if the cable is near any other power cables or devices (I.e. printers) and relocate the cable. Hope this helps!