All programs freeze or crash + Wifi Connection disabled Windows 10

JJroks543

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
Here's what I said in a previous post:

"In basically any program I use, I've been having issues with crashing, slow loading, disconnects, etc. I thought it was my wifi not working, but everything else in our house works fine and my computer is very close to the router (same room). For the most part everything is ok, but when I play some more demanding games that my computer was previously able to handle just fine, they have a tendency to freeze or crash. Additionally, in one case, every few minutes the game will do this strange reloading where everything disappears and then reappears after a second and its very disorienting. On the Wifi side, I think my computer has been disconnecting on its own from the Wifi or cannot hold a stable connection, since although I can connect to the internet and download things, sometimes I disconnect completely from a site for a minute or two and I can't play any online games. These games either won't load at all citing that my connection is inconsistent, or I'll have ping in the 9000s. Overall some very strange stuff is going on with my computer and I have no idea what is causing it. I don't think its a Windows update since it didn't really come as a direct result of that, and I don't think its any kind of virus."

This is all still true. I've tried a few games since then and they all crash except Terraria strangely, which does a sort of flickering reload where everything on screen disappears except the background and then reappears after a few seconds. I'm posting from my phone since my PC has wifi connections disabled and every time I right click on the connection to reenable it under Network Connections nothing happens. I really think my computer is bricked at this point and I might have to scrap it and get a new one, but I really don't want to. I restarted my PC and the problem with the wifi is fixed at least for now, but I know it'll come back soon so I wanted to post this before it stopped working again. Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
get an ethernet cable and connect directly to the router if you can, and see what happens. Make sure everything (GPU, RAM, cables) is properly seated on the motherboard. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your wifi (if it's on the motherboard, you'll need the latest motherboard drivers: if it's a separate card, get the drivers for it. But I'd still update the motherboard drivers, and make sure the GPU drivers are current, too). If none of that helps, back up everything and do a clean OS install, which will include installing all the latest drivers from the manufacturers' websites. Then, before you load your programs, apps and data back on, make sure the computer functions properly (use the built-in OS programs, like the...

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
get an ethernet cable and connect directly to the router if you can, and see what happens. Make sure everything (GPU, RAM, cables) is properly seated on the motherboard. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your wifi (if it's on the motherboard, you'll need the latest motherboard drivers: if it's a separate card, get the drivers for it. But I'd still update the motherboard drivers, and make sure the GPU drivers are current, too). If none of that helps, back up everything and do a clean OS install, which will include installing all the latest drivers from the manufacturers' websites. Then, before you load your programs, apps and data back on, make sure the computer functions properly (use the built-in OS programs, like the email client and web browser before loading anything else). If all is good, all is good. If not, maybe it's time for that new computer...

Solution