Monitor switch causing crashes

coolnate390

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
I recently got a GTX 1060 3gb and installed drivers while plugged into my tv. I got everything up and working, did some tests, everything was fine, played a few games, then I plugged everything into a new TV. When I turned things on, everything was weird, the colors were different, and the res was way off. This wasn't a problem untill my PC blue screened saying something about pool headers. I tried several times but every time the PC would blue screen saying something about system processes. I'm wondering if it's a ram issue or if I have to reinstall drivers, I made sure everything was connected properly. Let me know if you need my PC specs.

UPDATE:
I am also planning to plug my PC into my vga monitor (don't worry, I know all about what connectors to use...) I may need some assistance in the future for that.

Solution
If you can locate your crash dump files in C:/Windows/Minidump and upload it somewhere like Onedrive we can have a look at them in more detail. It sounds like a software issue rather than a hardware issue.

jr9

Estimable
If you can locate your crash dump files in C:/Windows/Minidump and upload it somewhere like Onedrive we can have a look at them in more detail. It sounds like a software issue rather than a hardware issue.

Solution