Gaming monitor doesn't work

rtz371

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017
Hi im having a problwm with plugging in my monitor into my new pc. The monitor is samsung CFG73 gaming monitor and the graphics card is gainward phoenix gs gtx 1080. Now, the thing is that i try plugging the monitor to the graphics card through HDMI and Display Port and neither would not work although my second monitor which is an HP LP2065 works great and its plugged throug DVI-I i think. I know that the ports on the graphics card are HDMI 2.0 and Display Port 1.4 but i dont know what port versions my monitor has. Thats why i came here, to see if anyone can help me with this problem so i can game on my gaming monitor. Btw i still dont have internet connection im working on it. I also tried detecting it and turning on so straight to the point please. Thanks :)

Solution
Whats the rest if your pc specs and Windows?

Win10 should handle network lan drivers on its own. If win7 will need to install lan driver. If win10 isn't recognising your network adapter can find drivers at your motherboard manufacturers website.

Displayport is backwards compatible. Im running an Acer xb270hu Displayport 1.2 with an 1080ti no problems.

Are you able to use displayport connected only?

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
When you connect the monitor to the system, switch it on, right click on any empty space on desktop and click on "display settings". Over there, do you see one monitor or 2 monitors? If you see 2 monitors, is one of them grey and the other blue or both are blue?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Whats the rest if your pc specs and Windows?

Win10 should handle network lan drivers on its own. If win7 will need to install lan driver. If win10 isn't recognising your network adapter can find drivers at your motherboard manufacturers website.

Displayport is backwards compatible. Im running an Acer xb270hu Displayport 1.2 with an 1080ti no problems.

Are you able to use displayport connected only?

Solution

rtz371

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017

The problem is the pc doesn’t detect the monitor, it only sees one and that’s the hp one. Is there anything wrong with the monitor or the pc

rtz371

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017

My specs: I5 8600k MSI Z370 A PRO Gainward GeForce GTX 1080 Phoenix GS Crucial Balistix Sports 2x8 2400Mhz Samsung 850 evo SSD 250 gb Seagate 1tb 7200RPM Corsair 80+ Active PFC gold 750W and all the other specs such as case, fans, cpu cooler. Windows 10 Pro trial. When I have internet I put the activation code.

rtz371

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017

Thank you dude I got the internet problem solved by downloading the mobo’s driver from MSI website through my laptop, copied it into my disc on key and installed it into my new pc and it worked! I don’t know how but I also got the screen working.

rtz371

Prominent
Jul 7, 2017

HDMI too sry for not mentioning