Will this memory work on my PC?

Hello,

What CPU are you currently running on your system? You can find out by right-clicking on the windows logo on the bottom left and then clicking "system"

- Sam

Thanks,

Well on Intel's website for this CPU, it says it can handle up to 32gb of DDR3 RAM. I'm not too confidnent in the motherboard actually supporting 32gb of RAM though. On this website, it specifies that up to 16gb is supported, so I would recommend finding a set of DDR3 RAM that's 16gb.

If you need help finding some, I can help :)

- Sam

ganiy.imran

Reputable
Jan 2, 2018
Thanks Sam,
So I did some more running around the internet and I discovered through crucial.com that the max my motherboard supports is 32gb, and there was one other source on an acer forum. So I'll let you know how it goes with those ebay monsters!

ganiy.imran

Reputable
Jan 2, 2018

Hey Sam, are you still around?
I installed the 32gb of memory and received a long beep noise and no visual
I spread it out to 16gb with the same cards and the same thing happened
When I put my old RAM back it booted
I also tried resetting the CMOS

What could be wrong with the new memory?

Hi ganiy.imran!

Sorry for the late reply, life is busy at the moment! I've got a feeling that it's the new memory that's the problem. It is labelled as "ECC" memory which is memory which is used on server motherboards and I don't think they work on normally consumer motherboards...

Do you get any output on the display when you boot your PC? The long beeps do suggest a problem with the memory though. I've attached a link below with some consumer memory which should work with your motherboard, but you may be out of luck with the new memory you bought.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corsair-Vengeance-Pro-32GB-DDR3-2133MHz-CMY32GX3M4A2133C11/292504400610?hash=item441a9ef2e2:g:7YMAAOSwVzRavhhM

- Sam

ganiy.imran

Reputable
Jan 2, 2018
Thank you! I have already replaced the memory, but wishing you the best :]

Imran