Windows 10 is almost in like a blackscale state?

scrubbingamer

Prominent
Jan 2, 2018
Hey guys,

Have Windows 10. I bought the HP prebuilt. There was no real issues with it other than the slowness because of bloatware in the beginning.

The problem I'm having now is I did a fresh install of Windows 10. After I have done this, my lock screen is all black minus the time and login. All my items in the toolbox are outlined in a white box, the any writing is usually green when typing to Cortana, my start menu is unusually black. Same with all my internet surfing, the writing is also white and green in the internet surfing.

I just have no idea why this is happening. I've tried looking things up and can't find any success.

Pictures

open

Solution
Hi, give this a try:

Click start and go to Settings.
Go to Ease of Access.
Go to Color and high contrast.
Under High Contrast on the right, change it from High Contrast Black to None.
(Scroll down if needed and) Choose Apply.

I would also remove Driver Booster. Such software is known to cause problems by downloading and installing incorrect drivers. Don't use it. Undo any changes it made if possible. Create a list of your hardware and manually download the drivers you need.

I hope this helps, good luck.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, give this a try:

Click start and go to Settings.
Go to Ease of Access.
Go to Color and high contrast.
Under High Contrast on the right, change it from High Contrast Black to None.
(Scroll down if needed and) Choose Apply.

I would also remove Driver Booster. Such software is known to cause problems by downloading and installing incorrect drivers. Don't use it. Undo any changes it made if possible. Create a list of your hardware and manually download the drivers you need.

I hope this helps, good luck.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS