Don’t want windows 10 to update itself

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
So, I have windows 10 already, version 1607 to be exact. Every day, I’m getting this message that you can restart the Pc now or schedule a time. I have tried the update it mentions, but it didn’t work out, so I had to reset the thing before. How do I disable these notifications?

To some extent, you can defer on updates, but 10 is very persistent.

I think there are settings to not install driver updates which have caused some problems.

You can get more control over updates if you upgrade to the PRO version.
That was my proximate reason for getting the pro version.
You can defer on big feature updates for about a year. Security updates for about a month, but I don't think you really want to avoid security updates.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
i misunderstood the OPs request. :D
looks more like your OS is having troubles installing. and it keeps notifying you over and over again.
am i right?

i belive you dont have the falls creators update yet. this is a common issue for users experiencing repeated failed windows updates. you can go to this site below. and download teh media creation tool
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

you can run this tool right now on your desktop and continue with any such tasks you wanna do while the update is running in the background. just make sure you select "keep apps and data files".

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
Listen. I HAVE tried the most recent update Microsoft had given out, and for some reason, it slowed my Pc down. So I reinstalled windows back to 1511 and managed to update it successfully to 1607, but I don’t want it to go further than that. Sure there’s the security benefits and crap, but I’m doing just fine. Nothing “failed” on me. Although I will try the thing about services later. Not at my Pc right now.

Yeah, this story sounds completely different from your other posts. So you have the answer, now please explain the question.

jgustin7b

Commendable
Nov 17, 2017
I will re-state the entire question as I meant to say it. Pardon my English if my questions are not clear for you. I am running Windows 10 version 1607. The system keeps asking me to update to 1703. I have tried it before, and it just slowed my Pc down. I reinstalled windows back to its stock version (1511) and put it back to 1607 via a manual update. I have enabled defer upgrades and don’t want anymore of these notifications. Although by now, I have selected the answer.