Computer (semi) not recognising SDD after power surge

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Greetings,

this morning we had a wee power surge due to weather. Computer shut off and immediately back on. Since then, it is not well.

I have two SSDs (SATA 4 and SATA 3) in the computer. Each time I boot, I need to hit F8 (Boot Select) in order to select the drive with Windows 10 (SATA 4). The CMOS does not see the SATA 4, only the 3.

If I bypass both Boot Select and CMOS, the computer boots to basic Windows. No apps, desktop docs, nothing.

It seems to have also taken a toll on the WLAN. Has been shutting it self off all day.

And, the fan kicks on if I stream anything.

The computer is only a year old.

Ideas?

Cheers!

Solution
I thinking the BIOS got reset. Go in to the BIOS and change the boot order back to booting SATA4 first. Make sure all the fan setting are still correct, etc. Not much more help without seeing the issue.

gasaraki

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I thinking the BIOS got reset. Go in to the BIOS and change the boot order back to booting SATA4 first. Make sure all the fan setting are still correct, etc. Not much more help without seeing the issue.

Solution

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
gasaraki, the BIOS does not see the SATA4. Only when the computer begins to boot and I chose 'Boot Selector' from outside the BIOS am I am to chose SATA4. But inside the BIOS, the choice is not there. SATA3 or CDROM. The BIOS doesn't recognise it.

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014

See above. Cheers mate!

TRENDING THREADS