Deleting by file type

steworrall6201

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I have 67 sub folders in one big MUSIC folder, each of the sub folders are albums that contain two types of Music file, FLAC & mp3.
I need to delete all the MP3 files, leaving the FLAC files intact. It will take hours to do it individually, Is there a tool or method in a search option that can pick out the MP3 files so that I can delete them......

Solution
Open the root of the folder that contains your music "C:\Music" and in the top right search area type without quotations, "type:mp3"

This should only show .mp3 files in all directories of your music folder

Press Control + A to select all and press the delete key.

Then confirm the deletion.

steworrall6201

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018

Each album has upto 10 files in half of them being MP3, the other half FLAC, i need to delete every MP3 file from the 67 sub folders or albums, surely Windows 10 has a search option to find the MP3 files etc etc

Open the root of the folder that contains your music "C:\Music" and in the top right search area type without quotations, "type:mp3"

This should only show .mp3 files in all directories of your music folder

Press Control + A to select all and press the delete key.

Then confirm the deletion.

Solution

I just did that and it took me about a spit second. I have about 110,000 songs on my hard drive, most of them in high resolution PCM files, and it came up with about 400 MP3 songs right away.