Windows doesn't boot after Norton Internet Security removal

debbie_briffa

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
Please can someone put me out of my misery?!

I have a Lenovo laptop with windows 10 installed. I've recently had some problems so have been cleaning up some of the files and apps etc.

I uninstalled Norton Internet Security and my laptop then launched the automatic startup repair. I cannot even boot in safe mode.

Only option is to restore from backup. I've done this twice now. I've run all manner of malware scanners and there's nothing obviously dodgy.

Uninstalled NIS for a third time and I'm back to square one. Only option seems to be restoring backup again and repeating everything I've done already with the exception of not uninstalling NIS.

Getting very annoyed with the time wasted now. How on earth is it seemingly impossible to remove this product?

Please help!

Hello debbie_briffa

Instead of removing the program from Windows' built-in utility, can you please try some free third-party uninstallers?

If Windows fails to boot even after that, please try Booting Windows in Command Prompt externally, and running the SFC /SCANNOW Command with the OFFBOOTDIR=D:\ and /OFFWINDIR=D:\WINDOWS parameters from there.

Please report back for any further assistance.

Cheers!! :)

Solution