Can't edit and save host files

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVG1023

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2016
I have slaved for hours trying to figure out why I cant save changes to my hosts file. When I open and run note pad as admin it automatically takes me to C:>windows>system32>drivers>etc however the etc folder is empty. Show hidden files is checked and hide protected operating system and files is unchecked within the folder options. However if I go manually outside of notepad, just in my files and go to C:>Windows>System 32>Drivers>etc all the host files are there. Now after editing my host file by going through my files library I try to save the changes. I get an error saying that I cant save to this area, but my account is an admin and note pad always runs as admin because I have always run as admin in note pad's properties. I have no idea what the problem is. I am only doing this because I got Photoshop for free through torrent (shhhhhh) and the "readme" file that explains the installation says to. Photoshop is already installed and seems to work fine however I dont want any future problems so I want to follow the directions in the "readme" file. Sorry for writing basically a short novel explaining my problem but any help would be wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS