Trouble Accessing BIOS in Windows 10

nathan.w.gehman

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
Recently I have been trying to access the BIOS on my Windows 10 machine. I cannot do it. I have tried the F2 during startup, and holding it as my computer boots. I have also tried unchecking "Turn on fast startup" in the power settings, with no luck. Additionally, I have tried accessing the UEFI Firmware Settings through the recovery section of the computer, all with no luck. How do I get into BIOS? I am running Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1709, OS build 16299.125. Any help is appreciated.

Solution
Ok, so I found out what the issue is. For some reason spamming keys from startup doesn't work, and I have to take it through the startup menu. Instead of spamming at startup, I had to wait until it prompted me to press the escape key for the startup menu. I then had to go to the F10 option which was for some reason NOT BIOS, and was instead labeled "Computer Setup" instead of BIOS. :/
That got me into the BIOS.

nathan.w.gehman

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018

I have a modified pc build, but the motherboard is the same. It is an HP Pavilion HPE H8-1020.

nathan.w.gehman

Prominent
Jan 1, 2018
Ok, so I found out what the issue is. For some reason spamming keys from startup doesn't work, and I have to take it through the startup menu. Instead of spamming at startup, I had to wait until it prompted me to press the escape key for the startup menu. I then had to go to the F10 option which was for some reason NOT BIOS, and was instead labeled "Computer Setup" instead of BIOS. :/
That got me into the BIOS.

Solution