HDMI to VGA (laptop to monitor) issues

brittenjohnson13

Reputable
Jan 3, 2018
I bought an HDMI to VGA adapter (laptop only has hdmi, and monitor only has vga), I figured it would be an easy install with a quick display change or detection. However this has proved to be trickier than expected.
So I plugged everything into its respective ports, the laptop display did not simply appear as the internet has foretold. I delved into the display settings and the projection settings. the computer isn't detecting the monitor and the monitor is saying "input not supported". what could be the problem here? any help would be appreciated!
PS. ASUS laptop to Acer monitor, both brand new along with the converter being brand new.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
double check the specs of the adapter. there could be limitations to the one you bought. like unsupported resolutions and stuff like that doesnt go compatible with your monitor. hdmi version limitations. etc.

brittenjohnson13

Reputable
Jan 3, 2018

I did this also, there is nothing on the package, and the slip on the inside of the package has no indication of what specs it can handle. So I looked up the model on the web, this is what it reads:

ONN HDMI to VGA Adapter:
-HDMI to VGA converter
-Connects HDMI devices to a VGA PC monitor or projector
-Easy to use: install in seconds, no need of setting
-Conversion: it can convert complete HDMI into VGA video
-ONN adapter supports 165MHz/1.65Gbps per channel (6.75Gbps all channel) bandwidth for HDMI input
-Supports analogue video output up to UXGA and 1080p with 10-bit DAC
-Color: black

but how do I find out if its not supported or is supported?

TRENDING THREADS