Specific USB Port wont allow Screensaver mode

boostfreak

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
I have an issue with 1 specific USB 3.1 port on my motherboard, when i have a device plugged into it that uses power (not a passthrough cable for a keyboard, but things like controllers and DAC's) it will never allow the computer to enter screensaver mode/sleep mode.

If i plug the same device into another port it will allow the PC to sleep so im pretty sure i've narrowed it down to this 1 particular port. The particular USB port is called a DAC-UP 2. My PC specs are below.

Any idea on how to fix this? I have remedied the situation for now but using a different port, but this effectively leaves me with 1 port less if i ever want my screensaver to work...

My PC:

CPU: i7 7700k @ 4.8GHz
GPU: Aorus 1080Ti Xtreme
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 (rev 1.0) BIOS v F8a
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz RGB CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
PSU: Corsair AX1200i 1200w
Boot Drive: Intel 750 Series 400GB PCIE SSD
CPU Cooler: Kraken x61

Solution
AORUS improves upon USB DAC-UP technologies with USB DAC-UP 2.
USB DAC-UP 2 continues to provide clean, isolated and low-noise power while adding the ability to compensate for voltage drop.
Virtual reality pioneers and gamers alike can rest assured that their expensive accessories and peripherals will not encounter connectivity or power deficiency issues with the AORUS USB DAC-UP 2. With Gaming Gear drawing large amounts of power and having firm specification requirements USB DAC-UP 2 is up for the challenge.

From your motherboards web site

meant to be good for VR headset, Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepads, External storage & Audio

Have you looked through any Gigabyte utilities you might have installed to see if any control this feature?

Colif

Win 11 Master
AORUS improves upon USB DAC-UP technologies with USB DAC-UP 2.
USB DAC-UP 2 continues to provide clean, isolated and low-noise power while adding the ability to compensate for voltage drop.
Virtual reality pioneers and gamers alike can rest assured that their expensive accessories and peripherals will not encounter connectivity or power deficiency issues with the AORUS USB DAC-UP 2. With Gaming Gear drawing large amounts of power and having firm specification requirements USB DAC-UP 2 is up for the challenge.

From your motherboards web site

meant to be good for VR headset, Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepads, External storage & Audio

Have you looked through any Gigabyte utilities you might have installed to see if any control this feature?

Solution