I have a key for windows 10 enterprise LTSB,WHAT DO?

suprduprkrkmania

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
As a way to cheap out on my pc i decided to ask my IT teacher for a copy of windows 10 education,she said she could give me a license,i gave her a usb flash drive and she told me to come back tommorow, she was then sick the next day and until the start of school(third of january). I built my pc on christmas day and decided to install windows 10 education over an sd card and then activate it later. I come back to school and she hands me the usb flash drive and tells me that she put 2 iso's on it a 32bit and a 64 bit version of windows Enterprise LTSB.I come back home,unzip the iso,start the installation and complete it. I instantly notice the lack of an ACTIVATE WINDOWS 10. i go to the setting to bask upon my new license of windows 10,only for it to say:we cant activate windows on this device because we can't connect to your organization's activation server.Make sure that you're connected to your organisation's network and try again.If you continue having problems with activation Contact your organisation's support person.ERROR CODE 0X8007007B

help

Solution

SugarPsycho

Reputable
Sep 12, 2015
I do not have experience with Windows Education but it sounds like it works by installing windows> searching lan for education key database> retrieve key. It doesn't sound like you could get a key without getting access to the school lan.

If you school offers microsoft imagine accounts you might be able to get a working windows pro/education off that.

USAFRet

Titan

An Enterprise license requires connecting to the corporations licensing server.

You need an Education install, or purchase a regular Home or Pro license.

Solution