Having trouble connecting samsung 55" uhd 4k tv to desktop PC

GreenCEO

Reputable
Sep 27, 2016
**Update** I've found that my display settings show my samsung tv and an "analog" display which I can't seem to remove.. I only have an hdmi cable plugged into my graphics card .. no dvi or anything else.. So I'm not sure where this analog display is coming from .. Anyone know how to remove this display?"

I know there has been ample threads regarding this issue made but I have not found a viable solution as to why my desktop isn't connecting to my new Samsung 55" uhd tv Model un55mu6290..

- If I plug my laptop hdmi into the tv it works just fine, everything displays properly..

- If I run the hdmi from my desktop to the tv..

On boot it will load the bios as usual (everything works fine) -- until it goes to boot Windows.. then turns into a blank screen.. If I unplug the hdmi from the 55" tv and plug it into a 32" tv, Windows 10 will be on the sign in screen and everything works properly.
-If I sign in using the 32" tv then swap the connection to the 55" .. Windows 10 will display my desktop (with background image) but none of my icons are displayed.. I can navigate the start menu but can't actually open any programs..Except maybe My Computer and a select few others. All others seem like a lost cause.. Unless they're being projected on a 2nd monitor that I'm unaware of..

Using the 32" monitor .. Windows Display settings show 2 monitors but when I click detect .. It says It's not detecting another display.. I even have the multiple displays option selected as Show only on 1...

Any guidance would be appreciated. I apologize if this post is a little uneasy to follow.. I don't post on the forums much..

TV link
https://www.consumerreports.org/products/lcd-led-oled-tvs/samsung-un55mu6290-393437/specs/#specs

Hardware Specifications:
Motherboard: Fatal1ty Z170 Asrock Pro Gaming i7
Processor: i7 6700k 4.0ghz (seems to run at 4.2)
Graphics Card: EVGA NVidia GTX 960 (2gb) Total Avail Graphics Memory: 10210 mb.. Dedicated Video Memory: 2048MB .. Shared System Memory 8162
Ram: GSkill Trident Z 8gb x 2 PC3200
HardDrive: Samsung Evo 500gb SSD

GreenCEO

Reputable
Sep 27, 2016
Computer was recognizing an "analog" display and my tv was coming up as a secondary monitor .. So all my apps were on the non existent "analog" display.. Had to use the "move" trick in order to move the apps to the 2nd monitor (55" tv) so I could update the display settings to show on monitor 1 only.. (for some reason this got switched to extend displays)