Windows asking to connect to phone, can't find a "Don't have phone" option to end annoying nag

Wilykit

Commendable
Mar 12, 2016
I've had Windows for nearly 2 years now and I just recently did a clean format and install but ever since, it's asking for me to connect to the phone. I see this at log on screen on booting up, and via the pop up slide box roughly every hour.

I have never connected a phone before and I only have a "dumb" phone that probably can't be used so I don't know why Microsoft is deluded to think I have one but when I look in the phone option, I can't find a "I don't have a phone" or "Stop nagging me" option.

Really nice of Microsoft to assume everyone has a smart phone and wants to link it to Windows 10 and somehow forget to include easy-to-find opt out option for people who don't want to connect, not allowed to connect (work computer and personal phone for example) or doesn't have a phone to connect to.

Solution
one fix I found was
I went a little further, and uninstalled the Phone Companion by running powershell as administrator and executing this:

Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage

Hope I never need it for anything :)
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps/how-to-disable-phone-companion-on-startup/61240734-1265-4d6d-9401-66569af62687?auth=1

Otherwise, the autoplay menu is the one you want, go to settings/Devices/autoplay and see if a phone is showing as devices under autoplay defaults.

Colif

Win 11 Master
one fix I found was
I went a little further, and uninstalled the Phone Companion by running powershell as administrator and executing this:

Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage

Hope I never need it for anything :)
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps/how-to-disable-phone-companion-on-startup/61240734-1265-4d6d-9401-66569af62687?auth=1

Otherwise, the autoplay menu is the one you want, go to settings/Devices/autoplay and see if a phone is showing as devices under autoplay defaults.

Solution