Why is my username my email?

shanesmail25

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
I realize already that I can't actually change my username, but I want to know why its my email instead of redfern as I signed up as. On the main tomshardware homepage i'm redfern but not in the forum. Maybe its because while I was waiting (hours) on my confirmation email, I logged in with my google account? did that activate my account and set my username to shanesmail25 permanently?

Solution
Hi there,

Unfortunately, if you sign up using the Google Social Form if will automatically create a username based from your email and Google Account. We do not have the tools necessary to change a username made from a Google Account, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

If you used our Native Form, please email us at: community@tomshardware.com and I can process your request with our Help Team.

Sincerely,
Caitlin
Assistant Community Manager

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017
Hi there,

Unfortunately, if you sign up using the Google Social Form if will automatically create a username based from your email and Google Account. We do not have the tools necessary to change a username made from a Google Account, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

If you used our Native Form, please email us at: community@tomshardware.com and I can process your request with our Help Team.

Sincerely,
Caitlin
Assistant Community Manager

Reactions: Nafryti
Solution