Mouse issue with Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creators Update)

olly29

Honorable
Oct 1, 2015
Hi guys,
Ever since I installed this new update from windows I have been getting an issue with my mouse being very 'slippery' and feeling very inaccurate. It began to happen with the new update roughly late last year.

My issue is that I am unable to restore windows to a previous version through 'Updates & Security' and I really want to go back to an earlier version as it is making games on my computer literally unplayable.

Is there any reliable website with legit iso versions which can be used to backtrack to an earlier version of Windows 10? Or any other fix to this issue?

Thankyou :)

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I highly doubt this is due to the update.

I had a similar issue (only with vertical movement, not horizontal), but, while it was about the same time, it turned out that my mousepad's image was worn through and damaged in such a way that the optical sensor was having trouble. Using the desktop itself, or a new mouse pad, solved my problem. The timing of the update, for me, just happened to be a coincidence.

Long shot for it being the same issue, but have you tried a different surface?

Otherwise, I believe that there are mouse sensitivity/movement settings in Windows 10 that you can adjust, aren't there?

olly29

Honorable
Oct 1, 2015

I have tried every solution including replacing every part of my PC and every setting there is. I have researched a lot on the update and sounds to me like the new 1709 update has caused a lot of issues with many people but thankyou anyway..

denizekofficial

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
I have the same issue, trying to find a fix about 1 month before, and can't find any solution.... i thought it is my hardware failure which i bought also 1 month ago(workstation), finding a iso from somewhere, we will be forced to update again...

Hopefully MS will fix this.