Windows won’t reinstall

Scr00ge_Mc_Duck

Reputable
Oct 15, 2015
I recently attempted to reset my computer in order to speed it up. When reseting i chose to wipe the harddrive. However, once the computer had wiped the drive and was about to reinstall windows it restarted, flashed lenovo, the keyboard would turn and then it would restart, flash lenovo then restart over and over again. I created a reinstall usb with the media creator and it would begin the reinstall, but after preparing it said it needed to restart to continue and go back to the beginning. I then formatted the drive partition and tried again but it still didnt work, i have no idea why it can’t reinstall or know any fixes.

Solution
" I created a reinstall usb with the media creator and it would begin the reinstall, but after preparing it said it needed to restart to continue and go back to the beginning."

did the setup program start at all, do its thing, then reboot, and then it repeated itself? if so remove the USB before the reboot and insert it after the lenovo logo appears. the BIOS may be force booting to the USB. by unplugging it you can allow the windows installer to continue after the initial reboot.
hope this is helpful.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
" I created a reinstall usb with the media creator and it would begin the reinstall, but after preparing it said it needed to restart to continue and go back to the beginning."

did the setup program start at all, do its thing, then reboot, and then it repeated itself? if so remove the USB before the reboot and insert it after the lenovo logo appears. the BIOS may be force booting to the USB. by unplugging it you can allow the windows installer to continue after the initial reboot.
hope this is helpful.

Solution