Software Manage 10 Home PCs at Once?

wilschroter

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I have 10 PCs at my home (don't ask) that are constantly needing updates, new software installs, etc. It has me running around all the time trying to boot up, check, etc. each one. Is there something I can install on all these machines that would at least let me login/manage all of them from one machine? I don't want to become a Network Administrator, just a guy who can fire off Windows updates, install basic programs, and clear some folders from time to time.

Solution
I actually solved my own problem. The easy answer is that you can do this natively in the Chrome Browser with a Remote Desktop session. Any computer that has access to Chrome and is logged in under the same Google User (gmail) can easily share UX across them.

Colif

Win 11 Master
There is a setting in win 10 under settings/updates & security/windows update, choose advanced options, then Delivery optimization.

If set to on and selected to update from PC's on the network, the PC's should share the updates and automatically get them meaning you shouldn't have to manually update each, just have them turned on to receive the updates.
The advanced options here may help, I wasn't sure.

wilschroter

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
I actually solved my own problem. The easy answer is that you can do this natively in the Chrome Browser with a Remote Desktop session. Any computer that has access to Chrome and is logged in under the same Google User (gmail) can easily share UX across them.

Solution