Online streaming - sound out of sync

Slebo

Reputable
Apr 14, 2014
Hey,

Usually i just play Ark on my computer. but now i was going to watch something on youtube, then i noticed that after a while the sound got out of sync. its the same om twitch, which makes me wonder - WHY.

Anyways i have been searching around on google, and cant really find a straight answer, besides thats its a common problem on windows 10.

Anyways this is my specc:
Windows 10
tried with google chrome and explorer
GTX1080TI
Intel I7 7700K Kabylake.

Anyways, thank u for reading. I look forward to hear what u suggest.

//Slebo

Solution
hey slebo, unfortunately at this moment it seems like this issue is a windows 10 bug that came with the latest major update. assuming you've already checked all your hardware and cables and made sure everything is working properly and is connected the right way then i think its safe to assume that its a software issue.
at this point you'll have to wait for an OS patch but there are a few temporary fixes, such as deleting the realtek drivers and restarting your pc, the drivers will reinstall themselves on boot.

i also have this issue and have noticed that after reinstalling the realtek drivers, everything works perfectly until i launch a game in fullscreen.. after that all my browsers experience audio lag, it also occurs after a...

Will_63

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
hey slebo, unfortunately at this moment it seems like this issue is a windows 10 bug that came with the latest major update. assuming you've already checked all your hardware and cables and made sure everything is working properly and is connected the right way then i think its safe to assume that its a software issue.
at this point you'll have to wait for an OS patch but there are a few temporary fixes, such as deleting the realtek drivers and restarting your pc, the drivers will reinstall themselves on boot.

i also have this issue and have noticed that after reinstalling the realtek drivers, everything works perfectly until i launch a game in fullscreen.. after that all my browsers experience audio lag, it also occurs after a waking my pc from sleep.

Solution
Feb 3, 2019
I am having the exact same issue. At first it seems fine but after 3mins of watching there is already a noticeable difference, and it only gets worse the longer I play the video. Totally ruins the experience for me and I am hoping Microsoft fixes this bug soon. I miss watching video's and streams.

windows 10
i5-9600k
MSI 1070ti GAMING 8
MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk
Corsair 32GB DDR4