No signal error

sakeefahasan

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
I have just finished up most of the things I have needed for my first pc build, and approached the final steps. Firstly, I had been using a VGA cable for my monitor to old PC for a while and just found out that my PC only supports DVI. (Quick stop to BestBuy solved that problem) However after plugging it in to the PC and monitor, my monitor simply tries to search for a cable, FAILS, then goes into sleep mode. My PC is able to power on, case fans and CPU fan functioning well and power button LED + actual function working at the same time, so im not to sure its a actual build error. (This is my first build so im not entirely sure.) I've connected it to both the graphics card DVI port and MOBO port, and I get the same situation.

I know for a fact the following steps I HAVE DONE CORRECTLY:
CPU installation
Cooler Installation. (FAN)
GPU Installation
MOBO into CASE installation
RAM in correct slot

(The remaining steps I can not be sure if done correctly because I dont have a bios window to check. SSD, HD, RAM, ETC.)

I can supply pictures if anyone would like visual verification later on

!! - MOBO: Asus STRIX Z270E Gaming
!! - GPU: GTX 1060
!! - Monitor: HP S2031 (supports DVI and VGA)

Thank you to whoever can assist me & I apologize if anything may have been explained poorly or I used wrong terminology. I hope my reply will assist in any issues one may spot.

sakeefahasan

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018

I am using an i5 7600k

sakeefahasan

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018

No I have not, but ill definitely get on that. Why would this be a possible solution?

MusenMouse

Respectable
Mar 24, 2016
We're eliminating potential areas of fault one by one. Because the I-7600K comes with a internal GPU, we can use it to test if the 1060 you bought is faulty, or it might not be seated correctly. If we get signal when you remove the 1060, then we know the rest of your computer is good to go. If no signal persists, then we will need to check other components.