WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and random freezes on gaming pc

Jan 7, 2018
Forgive me if this isn't the correct forum since I'm unsure what exactly is causing the issue. I'm dealing with two types of crashes on my pc.

BSOD issue:
Lately (a week at most) when I've been playing Overwatch I will randomly get a BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. It appears to be during heavier system load.

Random freeze issue:
I've dealt with this issue for a long time, even with my old computer, and my brother with a completely different build has this issue as well. So this problem exists on 3 unique systems (within the same household). I've gotten these on my computers for over a year in total, and my brother started getting them after the Fall Creators update to Windows 10.
Symptoms are: Complete freeze on computer, picture remains frozen in place but nothing is responsive. No mouse movement, no keyboard response, any audio that was playing is cut off. As my brother described, "it's like pressing pause on a video but being unable to resume".
On all 3 systems this issue happens completely randomly and under any condition which makes it impossible to try to reproduce. We can be playing a game, watching YouTube, even away from the computer with nothing running and it can still happen. We can also get it anywhere between 5 times in a day or once in a month. We also do not get the freezes at the same time or the same frequency over any course of time.

Solutions I've tried:
System restore, updating all of my drivers, running dskchk and memcheck, running malwarebytes, and disabling the high performance option in my BIOS. Disabling high performance seemed to fix the BSOD problem at first but I've gotten one even after doing that. If there were an option specifically for overclocking I would've disabled it but I couldn't find anything like that in my BIOS.

These are my current specs (the list named Rasmus): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/grrfriend/saved/#view=343f7P

Hopefully someone can help me with this, I'm at a total loss. I know this is a lot in one post but if anyone can be any help at all for either issue I greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for reading.

You may have adware. This file WinDivert64.sys is on your system. Something to do with Hardware Optimizer adware

I dont think it's the cause, but it maybe giving you ads. Get adwcleaner and scan your system

Looks like this 0x124 stop error, is a common crash with Overwatch

Since all of the computers freeze, did you do clean installs on them?

Not install a hdd with an OS on it, then boot from it?

Do you overclock? Is the CPU overheating?

I would contact Blizzard and send them that dmp file

If it crashes when you play this game (and doesnt with anything else), then they need to fix the game

Only thing I can see that could cause it is Avast

How many versions of Avast did you install??

It looks like some of the drivers belong to their Antirookit program, and some belong to their Home network security program.

Jan 7, 2018

Alright, I ran adwcleaner but it said it didn't find anything.
As for Avast, I only installed one free version after the BSOD to see if there was a possible infection.

All of our computers had Windows installed onto the hard drives by official CD. Oldest two started as Windows 8 and were upgraded onto 10, most recent has been 10 from the start.

The overclocking issue is confusing for me. I've never tried to overclock myself but I believe my system automatically overclocks and turning down the performance setting seemed to lessen the BSODs for a while, but I couldn't find anything in the BIOS that specifically mentioned anything that looked like overclocking, otherwise I would've turned it off (but like I said, I'm not an expert so I could've missed something). The CPU runs anywhere from 60-75 C during the highest load. The case is clear of dust and all the fans are running, but it may need more thermal paste.

Hard to say if the BSODs are only Overwatch related sadly, since it's all I've been playing.