CPU not supported problem

kodokun

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
Tried upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, got the typical error that my CPU isn't supported. Got a i7 4770k, 8gb of RAM and the Asus ROG VI Hero motherboard. Tried all the tutorials on the internet; I have all the latest updates for Windows, did the cmd thing that a lot of tutorials propose, also have EDB enabled in the BIOS. I can't reset or start from a fresh Windows. I need to keep all my files. What can I do?

EDIT: I figured out what might be the problem. The motherboard I have, ROG Maximus VI Hero comes with auto clock software and at idle, my CPU clock speed is 0.800 GHz. I am not sure how to disable this.

EDIT2: I managed to disable the auto clock speed in the BIOS, and now the windows 10 setup works.

Solution
The CPU not supported error happens when you have a too-new processor and try to install Windows 7. Windows 10 supports all CPUs. You can always roll back to your previous OS (the Windows 7 Ultimate).

unclebun

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014
The CPU not supported error happens when you have a too-new processor and try to install Windows 7. Windows 10 supports all CPUs. You can always roll back to your previous OS (the Windows 7 Ultimate).

Solution