Windows 10 x64 RAM Usage Issue.

gasterakos

Honorable
May 1, 2012
Hello everyone and Happy New Year to all of you and your families with health and happiness first of all,

Sorry if there is already a thread with the content I am gonna post, but currently I don't have the time to check for existing threads etc. Well my question is if anyone experiencing in the present or in the past the issue I will write here. I did format to my PC and installed the Windows 10 Pro x64 with a genuine digital license. I own 8GB of RAM DDR3 at 1866MHz G. Skill. Usually everything was always fine and the PC information was showing 8GB or RAM at the specs. Now it's suddenly after the last update of Windows 10 that I installed through the Media Creation Tool that downloaded the last version of Windows 10, my PC spec's showing the following:

Installed Memory (RAM): 8,00 GB (7.81 GB Usable) I am wondering why is this happening. I don't use an on-board VGA card but a seperated GTX 970 G1 Gaming of Gigabyte while my MB is the GA-990FXA-UD5 from Gigabyte as well. I don't know if it matters but I will also write a weird behave of the system.

I have upgraded my Bios to the last version. When my PC starts to boot after a long time of powered off, I can see the Post Logo Screen of Gigabyte that showing the details of pressing F2 to enter Bios or F12 for the Boot Menu etc and then it boots to Windows 10. When I start using Windows and after some time or random times I restart my computer, I can't see any more the Post Logo Screen that means I can't enter Bios or anything else. I just have a black screen until the system will boot to the Windows 10 that happening normally.

Even if I press F2 in the start of the computer, it enters to Bios but there is no image or something. I am sure it enter bios because I can use the CTR+ALT+DEL combination to reboot the system. I tried to downgrade bios to the first version and upgrade 1 by 1 to the last one. I also talked with Gigabyte support that suggested me steps to complete a hard reset of the Mobo and the Bios that I successfully did, but the problem didn't solve. Anyway. That's all guys. Thanks in advance. I hope I can find a solution about my RAM actually.

Regards,
Evangelos

Colif

Win 11 Master
You won't get 8gb usable...

on the performance/ram tab of task manager, how much is showing as Hardware reserved?

I have 16gb yet usable is actually 15.9. I too have an Nvidia gpu yet PC will still have some in hardware reserved.

See if turning off Fast Startup changes that boot behavior: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

Have you got latest motherboard drivers for the board?

gasterakos

Honorable
May 1, 2012

Hey Colif,

Thank you for your response. What bothers me is that before it was always 8.00 GB RAM without any other comment of usable etc. This just happened suddenly and I don't know why. In other PC in work that it has 16GB of RAM, it doesn't showing this but normally 16 GB. I will try in first to disable the fast startup option but it was back enabled as well. Thank you again anyway man.