If you were me, what would you upgrade on this PC if you have $750 dollars to spare?

Jerutastic

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Hello community, I put this in the CPU section because I am not sure where else to put, I am going to list to you my PC specs, and I have right now $750 to upgrade/replace parts on my PC because I need it to be faster, I just got into streaming, and my following is mostly on YouTube, and the streams have been horrible quality no matter how much I adjust the settings. I am also going to list you what I mainly use my PC for, so put your self in my shoes and tell me, if you were me what would you upgrade/replace on my PC based on what I use it for and why? I need your expert opinions.

Please note, I ALREADY OWN this PC, I am just looking to see whats the best path to upgrade it.

Here are my currentPC Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K @3.5 GHz
RAM: 16 GB Ballistix
Motherboard: H170 Gaming by Gigabyte
PSU: CX550M by Crosair (550 Watts)
HD: 3 Hard drives, about 5 TBs.
Cooling fan: Cooler Master T-22 (I am def. upgrading this if I get a different processor, too bulky)
GPU: Nvidia GTA 1070 Strix 8GB Founders Edition

What I Use My PC For:

• Playing videos games
    Recording gameplay
    Editing Gameplay videos and Editing Vlog videos for a friend
    Light to Medium usage of Adobe Photoshop
    And lately I've been doing streaming (but the streams are in low quality no matter what I try)

That is mainly what I use my PC for, It'd be nice to export videos at a faster time, be able to run OBS and a game without affecting overall performance, etc. I've talked to a fella in Micro Center and he told me what I should upgrade, but in my experience there are a lot of people on this website that know a whole lot about computer, so it would be nice to know what you guys think if you had $750 to upgrade my PC.

So let me know guys, thank you very much. :bounce:

Jerutastic

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016

as far as a monitor this isnt something I am going to upgrade now, I really want to wait down the road for it.

WildCard999

Titan
This is what I'd go with.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($388.89 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: EVGA - CLC 280 113.5 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($124.55 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS GAMING WIFI (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($100.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX300 275GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $704.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-07 19:42 EST-0500

Sell the 6600K/H170/T-22 individually so you can get a bit more money for everything. Whatever you get from this I'd put towards another monitor if needed.

If your case doesn't support the AIO then I'd go with the Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 (or Pro).

Since this is mainly about streaming, you need more cores. So there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there’s still time to change the road you’re on:

I7-8700k, z370 mobo, cryorig H5 cooler, 250gb samsung 850 evo SSD.

Or Ryzen 5 1600, (someone help me out on the mobo...), no cooler, same ssd, save money.

Make sure your ram is on the mobo’s QVL.

Jerutastic

Reputable
Nov 8, 2016
Guys, thanks to SteelRaptor1 for clarifying, I ALREADY OWN the system I mentioned above, I am just looking for an upgrade.

steelraptor1

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
If you have many options just not enough head room with your current system to see major improvements. For now get a good ssd and more memory, than follow up with the specs of your motherboard to see whats the best cpu you can get with that.

TRENDING THREADS