Cmusbdac.sys Crashing My System

AClassyPikachu

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016
My computer has been crashing lately and that is the error message I've gotten. Here is the report from WhoCrashed:
Computer name: CONNERSPC
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 16299
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A99FX PRO R2.0
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor AMD586, level: 21
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 17091977216 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Sun 1/7/2018 8:25:45 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010718-8937-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: cmusbdac.sys (0xFFFFF80E831E7047)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80E831E7047, 0xFFFFEA845C9B8028, 0xFFFFEA845C9B7870)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cmusbdac.sys
product: C-MEDIA CMUSBDAC Audio
company: C-MEDIA
description: C-MEDIA CMUSBDAC Audio Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: cmusbdac.sys (C-MEDIA CMUSBDAC Audio Driver, C-MEDIA).
Google query: cmusbdac.sys C-MEDIA SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

Conclusion

One crash dump has been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

cmusbdac.sys (C-MEDIA CMUSBDAC Audio Driver, C-MEDIA)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

AClassyPikachu

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

Ok, I do have a Blue Snowball and I've been installing the program, but I really confused on how you open it? I've tried googling it for Windows 10 but I can't figure out how to open it from the guide

Colif

Win 11 Master
What are you trying to open?

the minidump or the ASIO4ALL link?

if minidump, you need special software which I don't have but a few here do, unless you really want to do it yourself its easier just to upload it and share the link

The ASIO4ALL thing is an exe file, you run it like normal as it is an installer.

AClassyPikachu

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

I know its a noob question but the ASIO4ALL. I downloaded and ran it but nothing really happened

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you unplug the mic before and replug it in after installing it? Perhaps restart the PC?

I don't actually have the microphone, I just found that solution on a Microsoft site and it has worked for most people up until now.

AClassyPikachu

Commendable
Jun 6, 2016

I got the installer to run but is anything supposed to happen after it is installed? Like there is no program or visible change. It hasn't crashed but I wouldn't have expected it to yet anyways

TRENDING THREADS