issues while using new screen: would this help?

Will_63

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
hello

specs: i7 6700k, gtx 1080 TI, 16gb ram, tb ssd, 750 watt psu, MB : asus maximus hero viii
cpu and gpu are watercooled

monitors: old dell vga input monitor(i use a dvi to vga adapter), main screen: vizio 4k tv, new screen which is in my pc is a raspberry pi touch screen hdmi input usb touch and power.

so my problem is that i noticed a performance decrease after i installed my touchscreen (pi screen) when playing games, if i unplug the screen from gpu everything works like it used to. i want to keep all three screens because i use my dell one to watch tv, or monitor news and stocks while i use the PI screen for temp and usage monitoring via cam software and the vizio one for gaming mainly or work.

so my question is would i be able to remedy this issue by buying a cheap secondary gpu that i could use for my dell and pi screens?
or is there anything i can tweak on my existing pc?

(ASUS GeForce GT 1030 LP 2GB is the gpu that i had in mind)

but i don't know if this would work

thx for your help!

update : in case it helps every display is able to perform scaling except for the pi screen, the pi screen scaling must be done on gpu

Mark RM

Admirable
You have a unique problem, and honestly for the price of GT 1030 it's worth trying to use it to solve that problem.

I would also consider a simple USB3 to HDMI adapter, it's not like you need the GT 1030's muscle to run a display panel.

Will_63

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017

hey mark, thx for the feedback, nvidia just released a new driver and after the update the issue seems to be gone

im still curious as to whether using a second simple/cheaper GPU would provide any benefits.
if anyone has tried that please let me know!

Mark RM

Admirable
I run multiple gpu's everyday, but I use one headless for compute, not really the same thing, but it's the same idea.

I don't want my primary or secondary display lagged to hell and gone just because I'm doing something with OpenCL.