Issue setting Powershell Script Execution Policy back to the restricted mode. Help?

McDohl

Honorable
Jun 18, 2014
I was verifying whether or not the Meltdown patch on my system was applied, and I'm finished doing that, but now that I'm trying to put it back on restricted mode I'm getting the error message:

Set-ExecutionPolicy : Windows PowerShell updated your execution policy successfully, but the setting is overridden by
a policy defined at a more specific scope. Due to the override, your shell will retain its current effective
execution policy of Unrestricted. Type "Get-ExecutionPolicy -List" to view your execution policy settings. For more
information please see "Get-Help Set-ExecutionPolicy".
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-ExecutionPolicy Restricted
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : PermissionDenied: :)) [Set-ExecutionPolicy], SecurityException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ExecutionPolicyOverride,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.SetExecutionPolicyCommand

How can I fix this issue?

Gillerer

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
See here:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/pasen/2011/12/07/set-executionpolicy-windows-powershell-updated-your-execution-policy-successfully-but-the-setting-is-overridden-by-a-policy-defined-at-a-more-specific-scope/

(This was literally the second item returned from a Google search using just the words "Windows PowerShell updated your execution policy successfully, but the setting is overridden by a policy defined at a more specific scope" (without quotes) as search term. :) )