34UM59-B Ghosting After A Few Hours Of Use

pixelcrewgamerz

Prominent
Jan 7, 2018
So I have a 34UM59-B monitor from LG and after long sessions of playing I start to notice a lot of ghosting, just grey trails oh where models were for about a half second. I have the monitor at 75hz instead of the 60hz that it comes shipped with if that makes any difference but I don't know. I googled "34UM59-B ghosting" and "34UM59-B ghosting after long sessions" but no one else seems to have this issue. Whats weird is that it just doesn't start happening. Like I said it will work perfectly for hours then it will start ghosting. Thanks for the help in advance

Edit: I made a new thread because I don't know how to reply for people so I couldn't talk to the last guy that tried to help me so if you could include how to post replies in your answer that would be great

shazilatif004

Prominent
Feb 6, 2018
Ghosting is usually the result of a faulty cable, not the actual hardware. If you’re using HDMI, switch to VGA or DVI and see if the issue is resolved. It can also be electromagnetic interferences around the cable sue to the poor shielding, so check for any devices or other cables near your cable and try to relocate it. Hope this helps!