BSOD new build Ntoskrnel.exe newbie

pontius16

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Hello im relatively new in this computer building Hobbie and I’ve been sniping for months to get cheap parts to build a pc of my own and on a budget. Anyway and I did I landed a steal for super cheap that I couldn’t let go but I stilll added some parts for it the specs are

CPU:I7-4790k used
GPU: EVGA Nvidia gtx 780 used
MOBO: gigabyte ga-z97x gaming 3 used
RAM: crucial ballistix ddr3 4x8gb modules used
MEMORY: 2 ssd’s Intel 320 series 120gb and a Kingston hyperx 3k 120gb and a 3.5 tb wd blue new
PSU: powerspec 550w 80+bronze new

All of the used parts except the video card came together and after putting it all together and installing windows 10 and updating bios and drivers I tought I was ready to play some games but nope I’ve been trying to play CSGO and wolfenstein old blood, trópico 5 and either the games crash giving me the MEMORY MANAGEMENT or the SYSTEM TREAD NOT HANDLED and showing me on the memory dumps that is the Ntoskrnel.exe I did the memtest and all the ram is working fine left or overnight and no errors updated drivers fresh windows 10 install on different drives and nothing!!! The crashes mostly happen during games or when I’m browsing the internet, but I do a benchmark test with uniengine software and it never crashes I’m stuck not knowing what to do since I’m new in this hobbie I feel like I might of done something wrong or missed a step that is making my computer crash I would appreciate if someone here could help me out thanks !!!

Solution
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area is usually a driver error. non paged area is ram, and you already checked it with memtest so shouldn't be it (memtest isn't perfect, can miss things still)

I don't like recommending this but it might identify cause. read the warnings below and in the link
Try running driver verifer, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.

note: sometimes this will put you into a boot loop so it helps to have a win 10 installer handy to get out again. Also helps to run system restore before hand to create a backup to roll back to if necessary.

Download the Windows 10 media creation...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/FCwY.html

File: 010718-16562-01.dmp (Jan 7 2018 - 16:28:58)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: csgo.exe)
Uptime: 2 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 35 Min(s), and 41 Sec(s)

Motherboard: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z97X-Gaming-3-rev-10#support-dl
You appear to have the latest BIOS already installed.

The Gigabyte Easy Tune Overclocking driver was found on your system. It's best to remove all overclocks while trying to debug BSODs.

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Upgrade your Realtek drivers: https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html
remove any Gigabyte software (mainly as its from 2013.)
remove Applecharger unless you use it.
Upgrade Killer Internet drivers - well known for causing BSOD: http://www.killernetworking.com/driver-downloads/category/other-downloads

possible since I can't find any reviews for it. Lets see if updating drivers is enough.

pontius16

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Thanks colif I’m gonna try to do that and se how it goes unfortunately I can uninstall anything for the applecharger since is my keyboard and as for the psu i got it in microcenter but I checked the box and I don’t think is even haswell ready

Colif

Win 11 Master
Upgrade what you can then.

Problem with cheap PSU is they can kill other parts. I am not saying that is case here but you are better off buying the best PSU you can afford but within reason, don't buy a 1000watt PSU when you don't need that much.

NO reviews for PSU is a worry, appears the brand is made by Microscenter themselves. Appears company was called Inland and had a bad reputation for outputting the amount on box

Micro Center has a house brand PSU with the brand name Inland with 28 amps on the 12v rail. They call it a 500 watt PSU, but it's really about 350.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/302430-28-inland-silver-series-watt-experiences

Your current ones advertised max is probably more than you need (my PC has a 650 but its built for SLI as a possibility (One i never use)) but you better off getting a model from the makers on tier 2 of this list: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html - I would get a Seasonic if you can get one only as all their models are great. PSU on this list will provide the right amounts advertised on their boxes.

pontius16

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Update! I upgraded all the drivers and it seemed to work played some games for more than half and hour without any issue but I still got a BSOD but it restarted really quick that I just saw the code for a few seconds it was the MEmORY MANAGEMENT one but when it restarted there I checked and there was not dump file I’m going to buy another psu and see if that fixes the issue. Beacuse I tested all the ram several times and different way and it keeps coming clean I don’t think it’s the ram so I’m ruling that out. It seems like there is some progress

Colif

Win 11 Master
It is possible its the power supply causing the memory management errors. I guess we will soon find out, hope I haven't wasted you money (tho a good PSU is not really a bad thing to waste cash on)

I was going to suggest memtest but you already done that.

pontius16

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
Ok colif so I did ran the memtest on every single one of them for a little bit over 2 hours each 2 passes for all of them and I got no errrors on every single one I’m going to try to play some games again and see what it does also I’m going to get a new psu to see if that does something to it

pontius16

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
So new update I got my power supply and changed that and nothing really changed I got was downloading little nightmares and in the middle of it I got BSOD but I got a new one that I havent seen, it was the page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and I was trying to get the minidump and I checked the folder and nothing showed up, also I tried to play some games mostly wolfenstein and
it would randomly crash no BSOD but it would just kick me out of the game. Do you guys think that the hard drive might be the issue?

Colif

Win 11 Master
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area is usually a driver error. non paged area is ram, and you already checked it with memtest so shouldn't be it (memtest isn't perfect, can miss things still)

I don't like recommending this but it might identify cause. read the warnings below and in the link
Try running driver verifer, just read the instructions carefully. It is part of win 10 designed to find misbehaving drivers. It will cause BSOD, that is its job since it tests drivers.

note: sometimes this will put you into a boot loop so it helps to have a win 10 installer handy to get out again. Also helps to run system restore before hand to create a backup to roll back to if necessary.

Download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
Once it bsod, upload the minidump file and we see what it shows us.

The instructions to stop it looping are in the link above I will show u anyway
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode
Now open command Prompt
type verifer /reset and press enter
restart PC

Solution