FreeSync with Nvidia

machukss

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
I am on the nvidia side in GPU's but my friend is giving me a bargain (aoc g2460pf for 50$) Should i cheap out and the aoc g2460pf would be enough or do i really need to go out and spend a ton of money into a gsync? Would the drawbacks be huge if i got the aoc g2460pf?

Solution
You won't get adaptive sync. Nvidia could support free-sync but choose not to. Their g-sync option is better, but costly.

Unless you have a very high end GPU, you won't be able to sustain 144fps. And so you would have to set your refresh rate to match whatever FPS you can sustain to avoid tearing.

The monitor itself is a fairly basic TN panel. Being neither the worst nor best out there. For $50 bucks it is hard to go wrong.
You won't get adaptive sync. Nvidia could support free-sync but choose not to. Their g-sync option is better, but costly.

Unless you have a very high end GPU, you won't be able to sustain 144fps. And so you would have to set your refresh rate to match whatever FPS you can sustain to avoid tearing.

The monitor itself is a fairly basic TN panel. Being neither the worst nor best out there. For $50 bucks it is hard to go wrong.

Solution