Backlight bleed acceptable?

pcred110

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Hello everyone

I just bought an LG 34UC98-W and of course there is backlight bleeding.

Do you think this is acceptable? (brightness on 80%)

IMAGE1
IMAGE2

What are the chances of getting a new monitor with worst effect?

Thank you

Solution
that honestly doesn't look that bad to me. ips glow is natural and expected and the blb doesn't overwelm that glow either. are you going to be watching lots of dark scene movies on it? if it is just for general gaming and computing you will likely hardly ever notice it. my acer x34(refrub/resold likely because of blb) has worse blb than yours does and it doesn't really bother me at the end of the day.
that honestly doesn't look that bad to me. ips glow is natural and expected and the blb doesn't overwelm that glow either. are you going to be watching lots of dark scene movies on it? if it is just for general gaming and computing you will likely hardly ever notice it. my acer x34(refrub/resold likely because of blb) has worse blb than yours does and it doesn't really bother me at the end of the day.

Solution

pcred110

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

Nikoli

I also have a dead pixel and discovered a minor shadowing on the top of the monitor. I am really thinking of returning the item but I am really afraid I might get a new one with worst problems.

Do you believe it is worth the risk?

Thank you