3rd display won’t show anything over 1080p all of a sudden?

a.clunie14

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Hello all. I built my setup a year or so ago and I’m very happy with it.. I use it for gaming and my work (video editing) so I use 3 displays. 2 are 1080 23inch, and I use my LG 42” 4K tv for a 3rd monitor. I run these off a gtx1080 via 2dvi and 1 hdmi respectively.

Yesterday I was trying to crudely attempt some cable management as i have never been able to properly close the right side panel of my case. In doing so, I unplugged something as I had to take it all apart to replying aomething in the psu. It still didn’t work, but today it magically turned on (that’s another story). Anyway I was pretty pleased it was working, but now all of a sudden, my main display (4K via hdmi) says ‘no input signal’ if it is over 1080p. ??? I have been running 4K on this since I built it.

I have tried resetting, rejigging cables, changing resolutions via Nvidia control panel and windows, but I don’t fully understand it.

If anyone can offer any help, I will repay you in a virtual hug. Possibly a little peck on the cheek.

Thanks