Is IPS glow unavoidable in $200-300 monitors? Should I return my new monitor?

Tehuti

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014
Picked up this Acer G247HYL IPS monitor and I'm absolutely loving the rich colors, however I'm noticing the right side of my screen, specifically the bottom right, is quite bright. It's hard not to notice it. At times it doesn't bother me, but I'm curious if my case is more severe and if I should gamble and replace it for another?

Screenshot of FO4 loading screen showing glow:

https://i.imgur.com/Lfd30CQ.jpg

You have noth backlight bleed and glow. One of the lowest issue monitors I have gotten many sample from is the eizo ev 2450/ 2455.

Tehuti

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014
Glow AND bleed? Damn. I'm returning it to bestbuy for a replacement. Not a fan of having to do the monitor lottery but I'm hoping the next one isn't this bad. I can tolerate a bit of glow, but that lower right of the screen is like all bleed and its very noticeable.

IPS glow is normal. Backlight bleed is a manufacturing defect and should be considered unacceptable.

Tehuti

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014

I agree. I just booted up my girlfriend's GL753V ROG and she has subtle glow in all corners but my glow is next level in comparison to hers. I still have my receipt and I'm within the 14 days and have all packaging so I should be good.

Fingers crossed that I get one with minimal glow. If not, guess I'm dealing with it as I refuse to go back to TN panels with how washed out they are.

Thanks for the help here.

TRENDING THREADS