BSOD Crashes! Different stop code almost every time!

nihaalsr

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Okay, I have had this laptop for like 2 years and since like 1.5 years I am aware of this problem. BSOD would appear at any random time and ruin all tour work. So this laptop went in storage. Now it is my primary laptop and I tried a lot of fixes, I am a total noob so if u give me a fix then please give me a few steps. So now, whenever I open the game Fortnite battle royale, BSOD appears with either of these 5 stop codes (these were the ones that used to appear earlier too) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NO_PAGED_AREA , MEMORY_MANAGEMENT , KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE , IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL , SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
all these BSODs have occurred a 100 times at least. I'll like a fix ASAP. Also I reckon there's a problem with drivers and I have no idea how to update them.

Solution

files... a clean install puts windows 10 on PC like its brand new. So it removes all your programs and files, so if there is anything on the PC you want to save, do it before the install process

you will need to reinstall everything again after the install.

install instructions:
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, the following dump files were 0 bytes long which means they are invalid:
011218-34062-01.dmp
122917-35625-01.dmp
123117-32312-01.dmp

I ran the other dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/YoH3.html

File: 011218-43781-01.dmp (Jan 12 2018 - 03:48:46)
BugCheck: [SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 18 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)

File: 011118-36781-01.dmp (Jan 11 2018 - 04:58:51)
BugCheck: [CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (EF)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 12 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File: 011118-36203-01.dmp (Jan 11 2018 - 05:15:15)
BugCheck: [IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)]
Probably caused by: NETIO.SYS (Process: javaw.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)

File: 011118-35265-01.dmp (Jan 11 2018 - 11:32:03)
BugCheck: [PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)]
Probably caused by: CLFS.SYS (Process: System)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 04 Sec(s)

Dump 011118-35750-01.dmp was invalid.
I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
CLFS.sys is a new one to me - Microsoft Windows common log file system system driver file. - its used for the event log, can't say i ever seen it crash before.
NETIO.sys errors are normally associated with Network drivers

Both are part of Windows.

Try updating your Network interface card drivers from: http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&Langid=1&Level=5&PFid=5&PNid=13
remove/update Dell Airplane mode switcher, its from 2012.
Update Cyberlink as its from 2013 - might not be cause

Try running the free version of memtest86 on your ram sticks, one stick at a time. ONly score you want is 0 errors, any higher means you should remove/replace the stick as it is likely causing the errors

chaos_viper15

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Have same problem BSOD when playing games. Meanly trying to play battlefield 1. I get more or less instant BSOD but nothing on screen just blue and distorted white blots and lines over screen like windows is trying to load it's BSOD but can't as I'm in game. Then I have to hard restart. WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR, IQRL NOT EQUAL OR LESS & newest PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA.

using whocrashed to find out the error code.

If you find out a fix let me know. I did you ccleaner on registry files seems to cure the IQRL anyway.

nihaalsr

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018

My pc is in a bootloop now. I am not able to perform any of these functions

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

is there anything on C drive you want to rescue? try making this on another PC: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-ubuntu-live-cd-to-backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/ - can use live usb as well.

You can still run memtest without windows as it creates a bootable USB - need to make it on another PC obviously.

As for bootloop, you might be best copying everything off laptop using ubuntu and then try doing a reset. If you set it to keep files and settings, you may not lose everything.

boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose reset this PC
choose keep files/settings (Files = library folders. Library folders = Documents, pictures, movies, music (the default folders that come with windows). Settings = logins and desktop)
Other option is wipe everything, which ever you choose win 10 will restart and reinstall itself.

If reset doesn't work, I would clean install win 10.

nihaalsr

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Nothing seems to work. Tried the drivers, idk how to remove the Dell one and cyberlink. Pc came out of bootloop. I booted it in safe mode so now it's ok.
If reinstalling windows will solve it then I'd be more than happy. Just tell me what file will be erased.

Colif

Win 11 Master

files... a clean install puts windows 10 on PC like its brand new. So it removes all your programs and files, so if there is anything on the PC you want to save, do it before the install process

you will need to reinstall everything again after the install.

install instructions:
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
fresh install should fix the bsod, if they were being caused by old drivers. Windows should find matching drivers for your hardware. Its the best way to remove old drivers you can't find on PC.

Go to settings/update & security/activation.
Is your PC showing as activated? If it is, you should find Win 10 will reactivate on install. If you currently unactivated, the new install will also be unactivated.