Windows freeze and a black screen.

iamskovgaard

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
Hi there.
I've ran into an issue that I've been unable to solve by myself. Not even google has been able to provide an answer (or I might have seached on the wrong thing)

The issue:
One of my 2 screens goes black and Windows freezes on the other. After being like that for about a minute or two, the computer instantly shuts down if you just press the power button on the chassis once.
So far it only happens when I open the Chrome browser or the Nvidia Control Panel. (never tried anything else)

Some backstory:
I recently got a BSOD. When I googled the error code, it was some Nvidia thing that gave it. (https://imgur.com/gallery/EAyJ6) No matter where I seached, the answer was the same; remove the old graphic driver and install a new one.
So I booted the computer in safe mode, used a program to remove the old driver. Rebooted into normal mode and installed the driver again.

Short after that moment I got another BSOD. This time it seems that it was Razer Synapse that gave the error. (https://imgur.com/gallery/sRhlr) It happend once and never came back.

After that my computer got rather slow and I made it run a scan and repair of my drives when you boot the computer. It ran overnight and when I woke up the next morning it was ready to log in. Thats when my issue started.

My speccs:
16 GB DDR4 Ram
Nvidia Geforce 1060 3GB MSI
ASUS PRIME B250M-PLUS
120 GB SSD
1 TB HDD
700W PSU.

I really hope some magician out there might have a fix for this one.

Huge thanks in advance!

Edit: Tried to take out the ram and gpu and put them back in. Read some where that it might help. Had no effect.

Solution
Hello,

Try reinstalling the gpu driver with perform clean installation checked then use one monitor only for some time and see if windows crashes again or not.

Regards.

evolt

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Hello,

Try reinstalling the gpu driver with perform clean installation checked then use one monitor only for some time and see if windows crashes again or not.

Regards.

Solution