Asus VG248QE fails to display windows, but will display BIOS

yugas42

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2013
As of today, the primary of my two monitors, an Asus VG248QE, will not give me a display when running Windows. When booting the computer, the monitor will display my BIOS screen, and upon booting into Windows will shut off entirely and transfer everything to my secondary monitor (Asus VE248Q). This leads me to believe that I have a driver issue going on, but I've just updated and reinstalled my Nvidia drivers and it has not solved the problem. I have checked multiple display ports on the back of my GPU and have also swapped the cables between monitors, the result is always the same.

This monitor has been RMA'd to Asus in the past for a defective Display Port, and has been working properly for about the last 6-7 months. As I mentioned though, the monitor works properly while on the BIOS screen, so I'm not convinced that the monitor itself has gone bad again.

What else can I try to troubleshoot or at least diagnose the problem?

evolt

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
Hello,

Try a single monitor setup with it.

IF the monitor works fine then Reinstall Nvidia Driver with Perform Clean Installation Checked and put the 2 monitors again.

Regards

yugas42

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2013
As I mentioned in the post, I have already tried a single monitor, my second monitor in the setup (the VE248Q) is working fine, and I also reinstalled the drivers both as an update and as a clean install, neither time solved the issue. I am convinced at this point that the monitor is in some way defective, as it has been working with DVI for about a day now. The defect is very inconsistent though, as the monitor can and will sometimes display the Windows desktop for a few seconds before shutting off.

evolt

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018

Well,your last bet is to test it on another machine and since you mentioned that you tested other GPU ports then it will mostly be a defective monitor.