Setup multiple Display can't check second display

sirping

Prominent
Jan 11, 2018
So when I go into my NVIDIA Control Panel under Display and Setup multiple displays both of my monitors are shown but only one is checked when I try to click on the second one it shows up ticked for one second and then reverts to beeing not ticked. Its weird because when I turned my PC off everything worked and as I turned it on again this all happened. Also my display that is working is now on 60Hz instead of 144Hz.

Please help I haven't found anybody with the same problem!

Here are some screenshots!
https://imgur.com/a/gJP36

Sandburst Shower

Honorable
Sep 21, 2016
I have the exact same problem here. I tried different versions of Nvidia drivers but nope.

One solution I tried was Troubleshooting hardware and devices in windows, doing a reboot, and the second monitor worked from startup, but it only lasted as long as my PC wasn't turned off. If I did another reboot, then the second monitor wouldn't work again.

A few days back I finally reached my limit and tried uninstalling Nvidia drivers. Windows automatically switched to its build-in display driver, and then everything worked fine! But since I have Windows 10, it just downloaded Nvidia drivers by itself, and now the problem is back.

Edit: It seems that Nvidia control panel randomly accepts my tick in front of the second monitor, on random boots. But it's really inconsistent. I'm frustrated to hell as I'm supposed to work with a software which UI gets cluttered badly on a single monitor. How can Nvidia ruin its state of art hardware by stupid software issues like this? Why windows wouldn't let me work without a damn Nvidia driver which I don't want?