Get a Windows 10 without Fall Creators Update

mRPica

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017
I got a lots of problems when I installed the Falls Update from Windows 10, the worst is that, while gaming on borderless with vsync turned on fps would randomly cap at 30 and after some time go back up to the 60fps. I haven't had this problem before this update and, thinking that a clean install would solve it i proceded and did that.

As seeing that the problem is still there, i did more investigation trough Google and a lot of people seem to be experiencing the same problem since that update. A temporary solution is to play in fullscreen, but as I'm using two monitors that is not my best solution.

My question is, is there some way to get a windows 10 build that doesn't have the falls update installed? Or is there some way to get rid of this problem?

Solution
you can also enjoy watching this video :D
and make sure you download DDU. in case you havent heard about it. just run it in safe mode to clean your graphics drivers. restart. and install the latest graphics driver.
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYbFmB2rDw"][/video]

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
In my experence with the windows 10 fall creators update.. you have to reinstall just about all drivers.. like the chipset drivers, video card drivers, sound, etc.. and sometimes even a few programs.. Once I did that I stopped having those kinds off issues with the stuipd update. FYI I am on an AMD Ryzen system if that makes any difference and I have 3 monitors.. 2 are 1080P and 1 is 4K.

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
yes all of us gamers (and of course the rest of the users) had problems/headaches with that update from 4-5 months back. but all is sorted now with the proper driver updates. you will need to visit your motherboards support site to get the latest drivers/BIOS. download and reinstall them starting from the chipset driver. and the latest graphic driver as well.

mRPica

Prominent
Jun 14, 2017

So, I already have the latest drivers for my video card, apart from mobo updates should I do anything else??
Thanks!

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
you can also enjoy watching this video :D
and make sure you download DDU. in case you havent heard about it. just run it in safe mode to clean your graphics drivers. restart. and install the latest graphics driver.
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYbFmB2rDw"][/video]

Solution

wdfronius

Prominent
Jan 13, 2018